Emotionally Friendly Schools (EFS)
Webster is proud to be working towards accreditation for the Emotionally Friendly Schools (EFS) programme. This is a flexible, whole-school approach to improving the well-being and mental health of pupils and staff members. It is supported by Salford Educational Psychology Service and backed by psychological research and evidence.
We are working on the following improvement actions within the four key areas of the EFS programme.
1. Staff Wellbeing and School Ethos
- Ensuring a good work-life balance and reduced staff workload levels.
- Training and the opportunity to try techniques to promote own well-being.
- Developing a school well-being policy.
- Consultation on the use of space for staff within school.
2. Classroom Practice
- Develop children’s self-regulation skills.
- Implement calm boxes in all classrooms.
- Support pupils in all classes to use self-regulation techniques effectively and regularly.
3. Assessing Children's Needs
- Early intervention for children in need
- Introduce Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaires
- Establish weekly pastoral team meetings
4. Supporting Individual Children
- Meeting children’s attachment needs-further staff training.
- Support for parents with understanding of attachment.
- Effective use of Boxall Profiles.