Learning at Home
We recommend the following websites and activities for parents and children.
Mathletics, Spellodrome & Reading Eggs:
- Pupils have logins for Mathletics, Spellodrome and Reading Eggs- these are all fantastic resources for home learning- please see your child's teacher if they don't have a login.
- Log in to Accelerated Reader
- All children should have an Accelerated Reader login, please ask your child's teacher for more details. Click on the accelerated reader icon and then search for a book to complete a quiz about! There are over 7000 free ebooks to read!
- Bitesize Primary has lots of great activities for Years 1-6 in all subjects.
- Also BBC teach live lessons available,
Maths, English & Topic:
- BBC Supermovers has fantastic English and Maths videos
- KS1 & 2 Maths, English and Science quizzes
- Maths frame has great maths activities including times table challenges!
- Woodlands School hosts a huge range of games and resources for primary aged children.
- Lots of activities from Early Years to KS2
- Hit the button- practice number bonds, times tables, division facts and more
- Teach your monster to read- Reading and phonics skills
- Links and ideas for free trials and activities- museums, reading, games and more.
- Twinkl: Great home learning activities by year group
- Classroom Secrets- great maths, reading, grammar, spelling and history activities for all year groups
- Prodigy- Maths Games
- A range of resources collated by a primary teacher and being updated daily
- Teach Primary- resource for all subjects- free membership!
- A range of suggested resources for all children across the school
- Borrowbox - if your child has a Manchester Library Card you can borrow online books using the number on the back of your library card.
- Audible - Free books for children to listen to whilst school is closed.
- Special Times, Special Stories from Holocaust survivors- listen to stories and share your own.
- Oxford Owl- Free e-books for children
Phonics & EYFS:
- Change4Life and activities
- 10 minute shake up activities
- Kids PE with Joe Wicks -There will also be PE lessons at 9:00am Monday- Friday during school closures!
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Ideas and resources from MCRactive
- Manchester Fayre: Recipes to try at home and life skills activities
- Activities from Manchester City in the Community: Daily Fitness Challenge, KS1 Activities, KS2 Activities.
Speech and Language resources:
- Communication cookbook- Reception to Year 2
- Supporting neurodiverse children in lockdown
- Using TRUST to support home learning opportunities
- Games to support speech and language development
- Word games for families
- Reading for meaning with your child
- Scratch: https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Code.org: https://code.org/learn
- Tynker: https://www.tynker.com/
- Espresso coding:
Username: student22170Password: webster
- Back to Calm- a guide for parents with activities for children!
- Learning about resilience with the Anti-Baddies
- Resilience at home guide
- Talking about social distancing
- Strategies to support managing mental wellbeing during lockdown from MIND
- Managing stress: self care during the coronavirus crisis
- Coming to terms with school changes linked to coronavirus- for Year 6 pupils
- Healthy Schools Wellbeing Week activities
- Learn to illustrate! Drawing videos and activities with illustrator Rob Biddulph
- Writing and art inspiration
- Into Film have produced a series of film guides - which are designed as informal discussion prompts for use after viewing a film. They also feature extension activities that children and young people can take part in on their own. There are over 50 film guides with extension activities to help keep young people of all ages engaged.
- Learn about artists and find some great activities at the Tate Galleries online: https://www.tate.org.uk/kids
- Mini Music Makers activities and videos from Manchester Camerata
- Downloadable activity packs for EYFS, KS1 and KS2
Indoor activities & daily tasks:
News and radio websites for children:
Guidance for Parents:
- Parent/Carer Home-School Survival Toolkit from Healthy Schools Manchester
- Online Safety guides: Tik Tok, Facebook, Houseparty, Youtube, Minecraft & online learning tips for parents.
- 'We know this is a difficult time for most parents, but it is vital to ensure that your child is kept safe online. This link will take you to a page created by ‘ThinkUknow’. Here you can find support and resources specific to your child’s age group to help you learn about internet safety at home.
- Save the Children UK Covid-19 resource pack for families.
Black Lives Matter Parents Guide
Supporting pupils with additional needs:
- Supporting pupils with Autism during Coronavirus lockdown- a podcast for parents/carers
- Resources for pupils with SEND from The Birches School
- Social stories, talking mats, support for parents and addressing worries for pupils with Autism.
- Speech and Language resources for families and schools
- Sensory activities
- Sensory Stories Podcast and activities
- Home access to Clicker
- One Education- talking to children about Coronavirus and contacting an Educational Psychologist: Educational Psychology Helpline for parents/carers of children with an autism diagnosis from North, Central or South Manchester CAMHS
Need help with issues relating to educating your child/young person at home and responding to learning, behaviour, anxiety and mental health needs? Educational Psychology have a helpline offering problem-solving conversations to parents of children with SEND.
You can contact them on 0161 276 0118, Monday to Friday, 1pm - 3pm.
Educational Psychologists can also talk to parents about supporting children with bereavement and loss relating to Covid-19. You can contact them on 0161 276 0115, Monday to Friday, 9am–12 noon.
An activity about journeys linked to special stories from the Holocaust:
An information book explaining Coronavirus to children:
Curriculum objectives for Years 1-6:
Topic Knowledge Organisers- Years 1 & 2:
Topic Knowledge Organisers Years 3, 4, 5 & 6:
Science Knowledge Organisers Years 1-2
Science Knowledge Organisers Years 3-6
Learning Walls- Reading, Writing and Maths for Years 1 & 2:
Learning Walls- Reading, Writing and Maths for Years 3, 4, 5 & 6: