Learning at Home
We recommend the following websites and activities for parents and children.
Mathletics, Spellodrome & Reading Eggs:
- Pupils have logins for Mathletics, Spellodrome and Reading Eggs- these are all fantastic resources for home learning- please see your child's teacher if they don't have a login.
- Log in to Accelerated Reader
- All children should have an Accelerated Reader login, please ask your child's teacher for more details. Click on the accelerated reader icon and then search for a book to complete a quiz about! There are over 7000 free ebooks to read!
- Bitesize Primary has lots of great activities for Years 1-6 in all subjects.
- Also BBC teach live lessons available,
Maths, English & Topic:
- BBC Supermovers has fantastic English and Maths videos
- KS1 & 2 Maths, English and Science quizzes
- Maths frame has great maths activities including times table challenges!
- Lots of activities from Early Years to KS2
- Hit the button- practice number bonds, times tables, division facts and more
- Teach your monster to read- Reading and phonics skills
- Twinkl: Great home learning activities by year group
- Classroom Secrets- great maths, reading, grammar, spelling and history activities for all year groups
- A range of resources collated by a primary teacher and being updated daily
- Teach Primary- resource for all subjects- free membership!
- A range of suggested resources for all children across the school
- Borrowbox - if your child has a Manchester Library Card you can borrow online books using the number on the back of your library card.
- Audible - Free books for children to listen to whilst school is closed.
- Special Times, Special Stories from Holocaust survivors- listen to stories and share your own.
- Oxford Owl- Free e-books for children
Phonics & EYFS:
- Change4Life and activities
- 10 minute shake up activities
- Kids PE with Joe Wicks
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Ideas and resources from MCRactive
- Manchester Fayre: Recipes to try at home and life skills activities
- Activities from Manchester City in the Community: Daily Fitness Challenge, KS1 Activities, KS2 Activities.
Speech and Language resources:
- Communication cookbook- Reception to Year 2
- Games to support speech and language development
- Word games for families
- Reading for meaning with your child
- Scratch: https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Code.org: https://code.org/learn
- Tynker: https://www.tynker.com/
- Espresso coding:
Username: student22170Password: webster
- Back to Calm- a guide for parents with activities for children!
- Healthy Schools Wellbeing Week activities
- Learn to illustrate! Drawing videos and activities with illustrator Rob Biddulph
- Learn about artists and find some great activities at the Tate Galleries online: https://www.tate.org.uk/kids
- Mini Music Makers activities and videos from Manchester Camerata
Indoor activities & daily tasks:
News and radio websites for children:
Supporting pupils with additional needs:
- Social stories, talking mats, support for parents and addressing worries for pupils with Autism.
- Speech and Language resources for families and schools
- Sensory activities
- Sensory Stories Podcast and activities
- Home access to Clicker