Learning at Home
We recommend the following websites and activities for parents and children.
Mathletics, Spellodrome & Reading Eggs:
- Pupils have logins for Mathletics, Spellodrome and Reading Eggs- these are all fantastic resources for home learning- please see your child's teacher if they don't have a login.
- Log in to Accelerated Reader
- All children should have an Accelerated Reader login, please ask your child's teacher for more details. Click on the accelerated reader icon and then search for a book to complete a quiz about! There are over 7000 free ebooks to read!
- Bitesize Primary has lots of great activities for Years 1-6 in all subjects.
- Also BBC teach live lessons available,
Maths, English & Topic:
- BBC Supermovers has fantastic English and Maths videos
- KS1 & 2 Maths, English and Science quizzes
- Maths frame has great maths activities including times table challenges!
- Woodlands School hosts a huge range of games and resources for primary aged children.
- Lots of activities from Early Years to KS2
- Hit the button- practice number bonds, times tables, division facts and more
- Teach your monster to read- Reading and phonics skills
- Links and ideas for free trials and activities- museums, reading, games and more.
- Twinkl: Great home learning activities by year group
- Classroom Secrets: sign up for great free resources
- Prodigy- Maths Games
- A range of resources collated by a primary teacher and being updated daily
- Teach Primary- resource for all subjects- free membership!
- A range of suggested resources for all children across the school
- Borrowbox - if your child has a Manchester Library Card you can borrow online books using the number on the back of your library card.
- Audible - Free books for children to listen to whilst school is closed.
- Special Times, Special Stories from Holocaust survivors- listen to stories and share your own.
Year 6 suggested Home learning and suggested timetable:
Phonics & EYFS:
News and radio websites for children:
- Change4Life and activities
- 10 minute shake up activities
- Kids PE with Joe Wicks -There will also be PE lessons at 9:00am Monday- Friday during school closures!
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Ideas and resources from MCRactive
- Learn to illustrate! Drawing videos and activities with illustrator Rob Biddulph
- Writing and art inspiration
- Into Film have produced a series of film guides - which are designed as informal discussion prompts for use after viewing a film. They also feature extension activities that children and young people can take part in on their own. There are over 50 film guides with extension activities to help keep young people of all ages engaged.
- Learn about artists and find some great activities at the Tate Galleries online: https://www.tate.org.uk/kids
- Downloadable activity packs for EYFS, KS1 and KS2
Indoor activities & daily tasks:
Guidance for Parents:
- Parent/Carer Home-School Survival Toolkit from Healthy Schools Manchester
- Online Safety guides: Tik Tok, Facebook, Houseparty, Youtube, Minecraft & online learning tips for parents.
Curriculum objectives for Years 1-6:
Topic Knowledge Organisers- Years 1 & 2:
Topic Knowledge Organisers Years 3, 4, 5 & 6:
Learning Walls- Reading, Writing and Maths for Years 1 & 2:
Learning Walls- Reading, Writing and Maths for Years 3, 4, 5 & 6: