Frequently Asked Questions
What time does school start and finish?
- Breakfast club doors open at 8:15 am and close at 8:30 am, pupils must sign in with staff at the Art Room door.
- School starts at 8:50 am. Children should wait by their classroom door or in an assigned area of the playground to be collected/ let into school by an adult.
- Please do not drop off your child on their own in the playground before 8:50 am as they will be unsupervised.
- If it is raining heavily doors may be opened at 8:45 am.
- School finishes at 3:15 pm. Please collect your child promptly from their classroom or assigned collection point. If your child is being collected by someone different/new please let the office or the class teacher know before the end of the day. If pupils are not collected by 3:25 pm they will be taken to the Art Room for collection.
- If you are unsure where to drop off or collect your child please ask at the school office.
- After school clubs finish at 4:30 pm, collection points are different for each club, if you are unsure please go to the Art Room door.
What should I do if my child is unable to attend school?
It is extremely important that your child attends school and is on time for school each day.
Our target for attendance is 97%, at Webster we are continuously working towards that goal. We understand that sometimes children are ill or other circumstances may prevent them from attending school, as a parent/carer you can help us by:
- Ringing school (0161 225 3928) each morning that your child is absent before 9:00am with the reason and saying when the child will return to school.
- Arranging medical appointments out of school hours or in the holidays. Where this is not possible, please present hospital/ doctors letters at the office. Where possible the child should be in school directly before and after the appointment.
- Keeping us updated by telephone or letter if your child has an extended period of absence due to illness.
What should I do if my child is late for school?
Morning registration is at 8:50 am, this is the time your child should be in class and ready for registration. Please note that if your arrival after the close of registration may be marked as an unauthorised absence. Children arriving or leaving school with a parent/carer outside of the normal hours must be signed in or out at the office.
As parent/carer you can help us by:
- Ensuring your child is in class on time, missed minutes in class are missed learning opportunities.
- Letting us know if you are having difficulties getting your child to school on time, our Family Support Worker Jackie Murray may be able to help.
What is the school uniform?
All children must wear uniform in accordance with our policy.
- White polo shirt or plain white shirt
- Plain grey or black trousers, shorts or skirt
- Black shoes (No trainers)
- Plain socks/grey tights
- Burgundy school sweatshirt or cardigan
- Plain grey or black pinafore dress
- Burgundy checked summer dress
- If your child wears a head scarf, please ensure it is plain black or burgundy (no jewels/sequins/decoration) and is tight fitting without excessive material or pins.
- You will notice that trainers will no longer be allowed to be worn during the school day (unless it is P.E.).
- Jewellery should not be worn in school.
School jumpers (£8:50) and cardigans (£10:50) are available to buy from the school office.
School meals and costs
All children in Reception Class, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school lunch every day if they would like one. We encourage this as much as possible as a balanced meal during the day has been shown to improve performance at school.
Children in classes 3,4,5 and 6 are required to pay for their lunches at a cost £2.26 each day/ £11.30 per week. Payable to Jacquie or Pauline in the office.
Free school meals - follow this link: https://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/500186/education_benefits/7355/apply_for_free_school_meals to complete the form or speak to Jacquie or Pauline in the office.
Packed lunches should be clearly labelled with the child's name and should be healthy- for ideas of what to pack click the link: https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/recipes/healthier-lunchboxes
After School Clubs
There are a variety of after school clubs available, some every week and some for just a half term or a term. Here are our current after school clubs for Autumn 1: